PDA

View Full Version : South Bend GLSS

Mike Walpole
05-07-2004, 01:10 PM
I'm planning to travel to South Bend for the May GLSS race running Yamaha Masters with an R932 and Yamaha Heavy with a CR32V. I'm looking for setup information for SBRP, gearing and chassis setups. Tire is YHC in both classes.

Thanks, Mike

Garry Lobaugh
05-10-2004, 11:15 PM
I can't say at this time what the track configuration is going to be. I'll try to ask David Skinner to jump in on this question. We look forward to your Great Lakes participation. Friday practice will be available to all who wish to attend. Special coaching lessons are going on all through this week for interested students in preparation for these important regional events.

Mike Walpole
05-11-2004, 11:39 AM
Thanks. I'll look forward to David Skinner's reply. Unfortunately, due to prior commitments, I will not be able get up there before the Saturday the 22nd.

My understanding is the chassis setup is similar to Norway or Dousman as the track is high grip like those tracks. I have been told that gearing is similar to Camden. Any additional information will help.

FWIW, I have been experimenting with the seat placement in the R932. Do you have a starting point. Birel XXL seat, I am 6' 220lb.

Thanks, Mike

David Skinner
05-12-2004, 09:37 AM
Mike

Sorry it took so long to reply.
Super can/ Masters gearing for South Bend 11/84-11/87, basically add teeth until you don't see at least 150 rpm per tooth increase.

Setup: There's not going to be alot of rubber down, so I'd start with a long medium axle and med hubs. Additionally, I'd make sure the kart has the 165mm spindles as well. As far as seat placement goes, call me at the shop so I can get some dimensions from you.

Thanks for the post

Dave

Mike Walpole
05-18-2004, 09:54 AM
Dave,

Thanks for the info. I got the seat in as specified and tested at Camden. Picked up time from the last test session on a track that was pretty low grip.

You mentioned using 165 spindles. What are the part numbers for these spindles for the R932. I believe I have 150s now and I believe this kart uses 12 degree spindles.

Thanks, Mike

David Skinner
05-27-2004, 10:32 AM
Mike:

Spindle part numbers are:
10.6220.00 right
10.6221.00 left

these are numbers for 12 deg 165mm spindle assemblies.

regards

Dave