PDA

View Full Version : Seat Installation

Dave
12-17-2005, 08:27 AM
Hello MRP: I'm trying to install the standard seat ("L" size) that came with my brand new R32ST. It fits extremely tight between the seat struts on the chassis which makes it difficult to position properly. I tested an old Tillet in it's place with space on each side.

My question is: should I separate the seat struts on the chassis the old fashion way; with a rubber mallet? Any other suggestions?

Also, I'm planning to install the seat in the position Birel has on their website. Figured this would be good. Using Vega Green in a very hot climate. I'm 5'9" and weight 130lbs.

For your info, I'm using a Freeline seat installation tool to set it properly in its place. Oh, and I hope you don't mind me posting, I'm currently in Thailand.

Garry Lobaugh
12-17-2005, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the question. You have the right tools. Just follow the web site instructions and I think you will have it all put together correctly.

Dave
12-18-2005, 12:06 AM
Thank you for your rapid response Garry. I'm originally from the States. Maybe I will get a chance to visit one of MRP's facilities one day...David