PDA

View Full Version : R30

bseward
12-14-2005, 05:33 PM
I'm new to karting and bought an '05 R30-CY roller. I'm going to run a Yamaha class but not sure whether pipe or can. Would the 30 be a decent chassis for a pipe class or not? I've been told that the 30 is too flimsy for pipe and I'd need a 32 for it to work properly. Any input would be greatly appreciated. FYI, my 30 has had a removable rear torsion bar added to stiffen it up by the previous owner to increase tuneability if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Brian Seward

Chris Lobaugh
12-15-2005, 09:07 AM
The R30 will work fine in both applications up until the point that the track has a lot of rubber on it or if the driver is over 180 lbs. Since you are new to karting I would suggest starting in the Sr. Spts. class to get your feet wet and then make the transition in to a pipe class. I guess it comes down to where you want to race and which categories have competitive numbers. Hope this helps.

bseward
12-15-2005, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I've been planning on running the Sr. can class and am even old enough to run the masters but lately the pipe class has peaked my interest. While I'm new to karting, I'm not new to racing and as you know racers want to go as fast as they can! I'll be running mostly at New Castle with occasional trips elsewhere when time allows and it seems like participation is fair in all the Yamaha classes at NCMP.