PDA

View Full Version : Jr Sportsman Yamaha

Scott Hoggard
10-03-2005, 04:44 PM
Can you give me some more details in regards to the rules for this class. This weekend will be the first time out. I see the rules on this website. Are there any tire/wheel rules. Must we meet the 250 lb minmimum for this time out. The driver is only 45 lbs so it looks like we will have to ad plenty of lead if so. Can you also give me a breakdown of the schedule on Sunday, when to show up, when is practice, when are the races, etc.

Thanks for your help.

Garry Lobaugh
10-03-2005, 05:14 PM
Gates open at 7 a.m.
Practice starts at 9 a.m.
Depending on the weather forecast one would expect a minimum of two practice sessions. I'd suggest attending Saturday's open practice to get all of the bugs worked out.
Time trials around noon.
Pre final and then a final and that is how the day is organized.

In 2006 we will have a 200 lb class and it may be that a small driver is better suited for this program. But for this event you will need to weigh 250 in total.
Garry

Scott Hoggard
10-03-2005, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the info. Is this 250 before the race or after?

David Ahrens
10-03-2005, 06:01 PM
These times are Indiana time not Michigan???

Garry Lobaugh
10-03-2005, 06:36 PM
At the conclusion of the race, when they come off the track.

sage karam
10-03-2005, 07:48 PM
Scott,
Not sure which chassis you have, but, my son (Sage) just captured the WKA Grand National Championship in the Yamaha Jr Sportsman class on a Birel AM-29. The chassis was superb. It was well suited for his 67 pound body. It was only his third tme in this chassis and the class.

Jody Karam

Scott Hoggard
10-04-2005, 05:07 PM
No sorry - I have purchased a BRM with a Profile Racing engine that was ran by the Jacobsons. We have shook the kart down and did very well first night out in practice. We hope to make a go of it next year in WKA when it is at SBRP. The following year we will then try the entire season. This weight limit of 250 has got me worried though. I dont know if I have enough room to place so much lead. Congratualtions on your success. How would we go about getting sponsors and things to race in WKA Nationals.

Beat ya later....