PDA

View Full Version : my chassis

Mark Grabill
08-28-2005, 05:57 PM
First, Thanks to Garry for all of his help today (8-28-05) We have recently purchased a used kart with the hope of extra seat time during the down time between sprint car races. Anyway, after absorbing as much as I could in one day, i came home to checkinto some things. The biggest issue that I think I have at the moment is finding the right stuff for my chassis. According to the #'s stamped into the LR bearing support it is an AM632. Does this sound right? I also purchased a front pod for the kart but it doesnt fit with the bumper. Any info/ideas would be greatly appreciated and hopefully we will be running at SBRP in the VERY near future!

Jonathan Vitolo
08-28-2005, 10:09 PM
You may have to change the front bumper bar itself if you can't find the proper fitting nosepod. I am not certain though, Garry or Chris would know better...I just remember seeing some of the older 100cc karts @ SBRP using clamps to hold the pod between the bumper bar and chassis.

Garry Lobaugh
08-29-2005, 08:45 PM
There was a very limited production run of the Am 632 model.. but basically it is a 1996 version of a 32 mm frame.. the back bar behind the seat as I recall was designed to move from left to right. That is it starts off far back left ( driver sitting position, and then moves forward so as to accomodate an inboard axle clutch!) We are talking about a 9 year old kart. Plenty has changed since then including body work.

Mark Grabill
08-29-2005, 10:59 PM
wow, guess thats a bit older than I thought. It will still work for what our intentions are with it, though. Is there any way to find or retrofit a nose for it? the bumper thats on it, the vertical span is wider than the clamps, and the uprights interfere horizontally with the plastic snap in part of the nose. I can probably work around the uprights but the span may be a problem, unless i want to cut the uprights and reduce the span, which also will probably include rewelding some (no biggie either, but want to race, not work on stuff all the time! Thats what the sprint car is for). Also the can "muffler" that came with the car has no holes in the body rather it has holes in the cap. can we drill the holes in the can and just replace the cap? also, maybe the best thing to do would be to load it up and bring it over to let you guys have a look at it. would that be a possibility?

Garry Lobaugh
08-30-2005, 11:30 AM
It is always better to see it and then we don't have to guess what the needs are. Just ring ahead and we can work withyou.

Mark Grabill
08-31-2005, 08:51 PM
Going to stop out tomorrow thursday in the am. Hope thats decent notice. If we have major issues getting things around for saturday, I may be interested in an arrive & drive kart. Hopefully things will not be too bad though.

Garry Lobaugh
08-31-2005, 09:31 PM
Arrive and drive karts are cheap this weekend. $100 including all fees.

I can only hope someone will be at the shop when you arrive. I'll try to alert the guys.. but itis better to phone rather than bank on the forum messages being read.Thanks for the heads up.