PDA

View Full Version : Rear end Slide

Matt Burke
08-04-2005, 02:06 PM
I'm having a rear sliding problem at turn-in. I've tried caster, camber and front end width settings with no help. If I stiffen the rear it helps a little but than I'm to tight at mid corner. Rear frame height is all the way up, width is 55" running YHC's in Tag at 375lbs. I have one extra seat strut per side connected to the inside of the outside bearing hangers. The back end just doesn't want to bite at turn-in. Would moving my seat back and up help? May more struts? Chassis is R31

Any suggestions?

Eric Rosenberg
08-04-2005, 02:48 PM
What type of tire pressures are you running? What type of seat are you using? How far back is the seat currently? How low in the chassis is the seat? Side rail bolts in? If so, tight or loose?

Garry Lobaugh
08-07-2005, 10:28 PM
How about where do you brake? When do you gas? Those are bigger issues than any that I have seen yet. A good driver can make any ill handling kart work after five laps. It all takes mental adjustments, rather than physical adjustments and that is why we teach the MRP Speed School.

Chris Lobaugh
08-08-2005, 11:15 AM
Did taking castor out help? How about raising the spindle and lowering the front of the frame? Generally when the rear of the kart brakes loose under braking a harder axle will help...generally. I normally use two seat stays each side. It is normal to make a change which fixes one problem while creating another. You may need to add a bit of grip to the rear and then counter with more grip to the front. Moving the seat back will help...but I would like to know if you are using a Freeline seat or another brand and what your current measurements are...
regards,
chris