PDA

View Full Version : South Bend Set-up

jcardillo
06-17-2005, 03:12 PM
Gary,

Can you give us set-up advice for the up-coming Manufacturers Cup race at South Bend. We rub an R30-CY in Senior Sportsman. Our dealer is Shupp's Kart Shop/MRP.

ALso, will you be providing set-up advice to non-tent Birel riders at South Bend?

Thanks,

Jim

Garry Lobaugh
06-17-2005, 05:28 PM
We attempt to assist all Birel customers when asked at the national events as you have seen in the past. Our focus as you know is for the drivers who do pay for tuning advice under the MRP tent. At the moment there is not too much tricky about the set up for South Bend..
The track has been ground in the corners to a very smooth finish. One of the top national drivers is here today and Saturday testing. He can probably better answer this question.

But by the time July 16 rolls around, I think it will be warm and track conditions will have changed. So will the track layout! It will be a first time ever to run the new ninety hairpin leading on the straight if all goes well. This is a huge safety improvement for our facility and all participants. So I urge you to come the week before and test at the local club race with practice on Friday and Saturday. You can leave your trailer and get dialed in the week before.

With all of the changes that are taking place at the property it is not possible to give you an accurate answer as it is only now that the grip is coming back after the grinding process. Hope you can understand all of this and I am sure think you will enjoy all of the extra parking and the improved property at MRP of South Bend. Thanks for asking. Garry

jcardillo
06-17-2005, 07:38 PM
Thanks Gary we are looking forward to coming out.

Jim