View Full Version : redemption

D Taylor
05-03-2005, 07:35 PM
It's going to be a long three weeks.
Look for the 20 to be up front on the 22nd
D Taylor

Garry Lobaugh
05-03-2005, 07:53 PM
You can get in shape by coming up to RGR this Saturday and run against the other combined pipe class.These guys are itching for new blood! RGR has about 5 combined pipe racers. So no need to wait three weeks, come test, tune and challange the best in the Mid West at Rolling Green!

Frank
05-04-2005, 09:58 PM
Hey are you staying in the 4 pipe? Are you thinking about going back to the 3?

D Taylor
05-05-2005, 07:17 PM
I'm in 4 pipe to stay! We'll be running up front before long!
Look out Mr. Yoder

Garry Lobaugh
05-05-2005, 08:24 PM
The conclusion is as follows:

HPV-4 provided the most entertaining racing ( clean and fun) of the entire day. HPV-3 has no new participants in the que.( I would assume it is not a class) So hats off to the HPV 4 group, but special recognition goes to the # 99 who drove like a champ( for his age) just drove hard and put pressure on one of the former track champions(IT WAS BUMPER TO BUMPER WITH NO TOUCHING!). We had three races within the race and that what was the best fun from the tower. Here is how it sorted out: There were the 4 leaders, the three mid pack and the four finalists that provided a great show.

I was very pleased to provide the color comentary with Mike R. the announcer in a very exciting race that had all spectators up against the wall observing the excitement. ( Although I must admidt, being colored in commentary can get you into a heap of trouble.) And at the end of the race a non aligned tech inspector claimed the top three ( who happen to be friends till this day) as legal. In the terms of Marshal Martin, a track sponsor and a racer, "it was the most fun I've had in a long time." Of course, this was one of the most blistery days we've every had for an opening event!

MRP's goal this year is to " put fun back into racing," regardless of the color of your suit or your go kart, just come "Join the Karting Explosion!"

There is a bit more news for people who practice this weekend. The set up has changed, the track is smooth thanks to a major expenditure for the smoothing of the rough spots. This is the first step in track improvements (It will be fun because you are comfortable) . It will also be slippery, so prepare accordingly. All of this effort is worth the investment on your part. A comfortable ride provides a happy ride home, we are trying to please, for sure!

We will run the national course this weekend! ( Look for the description this weekend on the web site.) Basically, it is the first turn ninty left to the diagonal up, turn left down, then back up to the hair pin, down, and then back up through the bowl onto the front straight. This of course is my favorite course. It has all of the best layout for South Bend! It is mid range passing opportunity, plus much more.

But everyone needs to get out to test! On May 22, our next race date, we have Rotax and we have the Great Lakes Sprint Series Warm ups for the next week of the Memorial Day Great Lakes shoot out. I am most anxious for our Club to make a statement. Come join the "fun racing" and show those regional hot shoes what you can do! The MRP crew is there to assist in any way we can.

The weather is expected to be great this weekend, and I have a special training program and shootout ( private information) for anyone who attends on Saturday. My expectation is as follows:

You need to attend and practice.
A driver will be selected for this test who provides consistancy of times.
Free tires will be offered for one driver on this special test session. It is the Bridgetone Challenge!
Everyone learns under the watchful eye of one of the nation"s top tuners:
Call for reservations..... it is free.. except for WKA pit pass and your practice fees. In other words, we offer you special instruction and you can learn all about tires. That is the point. Education and you have the FIRST CHANCE AT THE NEW TRACK surface!
All MRP paid season practice holders are included at no extra expense! ( Just pay your pit pass.) O.K. If you are a special person( season practice holder) bring your friends and I'll treat for a discounted Rock Kart Ride.... and then at 5 PM we have Free Kid Karts!) Yes, lets put fun back into racing.