PDA

View Full Version : Seat choice for MR32..

Charles McDowell
03-24-2005, 03:46 PM
is there a big difference between a freeline and a Tillet seat? Does the Tillet change handling on a road race track.

Garry Lobaugh
03-24-2005, 06:06 PM
YOu will only see the Free Line seats in the race team karts in Italy and at MRP. Associates have spent a huge amount of time testing seats and the Free Line works best in the Birel karts. But often racing is a perception. If you perceive that the Tillet is making you more comfortable and you must have it, then you will perform better with what makes you feel good.

Marc Miller
03-26-2005, 07:50 AM
Garry is absolutely correct about comfort... you will perform better with what makes you more comfortable (within reason).

When I raced a CTS - a deepseat was more comfortable and much faster - however it turned my tonykart into a pile of poo. Birel works extremely hard to integrate the seat as part of the package - if you can find comfort in a Freeline seat - the kart will most certainly perform better.

Jim Emerson
04-05-2005, 10:19 PM
Need a little help.....

I want to try a XL Tillet for a little while to get more comfortable and I'm trying to mount it on the new M32. I have a xxl Freeline and a T8 1/4 pad and I can can line up the dimensions for front ear location from front of chassis (59mm) and height of 22mm from the top of the 50 mm axle. When I spread the mounting bars I shifted over the left side and not the right (motor side) to fit the seat. Is it correct that the right side ear is not critical anymore like the CR32 or do we set both sides at 59mm with the M? I'm thinking I should use the right side upright as my baseline and measure forward 59mm from the left front ear on the seat. When I seam to get it close and eye ball and measure the center of the seat to the tank its over to the left about 10mm and it just looks wrong. I set in the Freeline and saw the same thing... Any ideas Andy (FTK), Garry, Wesley....???

I got some setup info from Beggio that says to run the axle up/chassis down for a starting point, but should I move the seat height up and down as well to match the 22mm if I start moving the seat with the new Mojos?

I know what we say about a non Freeline in a Birel.

-Jim Emerson

Andy Seesemann
04-05-2005, 10:50 PM
I measure at the straightest part of the front crossbar, not at the pan bolts, so the dimensions are a tick longer.

In my M32, my XL Tillett is:

60.5cm on the left, 61cm on the right, and 22-22.5cm from the axle to the top of the seat.

A

Garry Lobaugh
04-06-2005, 04:38 AM
One other thought here for Jim, the numbers for the Tillet are different from what I have seen and Andy has given away the secret to his success. Usually the non Free line Seat mounting becomes an eyeball issue. You need to make the seat look like the profile of the Freeline set up. Each of the other company seats are different and it now becomes " what looks right". For example just trying to mount a Deep Seat or a Rib Tec with the tape measure. It is not possible. Therefore it is a trial and error with the appearance of the "seat profile" taking precidence.