03-22-2005, 07:10 AM
To resolve your problem all you have to do is the following changes:

Lower the rear part of your kart
Change your axle to blue 1040x50 mm type B
Total width 139,5 and hubs 100
Your tire pressure 5,2 front and 5,5 rear
Tighten the rear bumper
Seat position is ok
Now you are ready to step on the pedal and run..!!!!!!

Best of luck..Beggio (Birel Motorsport Team Division from Italy)

Alex
03-22-2005, 10:25 PM
Thanks for your advice. I have few more questions. What about the front geometri. Toe In /Out, Camber and caster. What settings shall i use with the driver in the kart. And by changing the axle to softer i will reduce grip but to what extent. i will reduce it much or little. Also the same with by lowering the rear of the kart. How much grip i will loose. Because i don't want to get into the race and have no grip.
Thanks

Garry Lobaugh
03-25-2005, 06:13 AM
The Birel Motorsports Race team is out this weekend with the big race in Europe. They are not able to answer at this time. I suggest you track test the changes in your own conditions and measure the results. Predicting results in advance is difficult to project since each driver and engine performance is different.

Pamela
03-29-2005, 03:16 AM
Thanks Garry, we are not always available as we would like to be but your answer is certainly the correct one.

It is normal to test when you make any changes to the kart. To race you have to utilize the best set up based on the conditions of the track, weather and so on.

My reply is as follows: Toe is out 3mm - Camber open by 5mm - Caster 0,5 degrees - reduce your grip to about medium - when you lower the kart, you gain more brake and lateral grip.
Some race school lessons would be helpful and good luck!!.

BEGGIO - from the Motorsport Team in Italy.

Alex
03-29-2005, 06:22 AM
I did all you told me but the problem was not completly solved. As i told you i had 2 struts on the radiator side and 1 strut on the engine side. I removed all the struts and the kart was much better. Do i need to have the struts ?
Thank You

Pamela
04-01-2005, 06:48 AM
It is not a must to use the struts, if you kart works better without means that you still have too much grip on the rear. According to my experience the solution should be, move the seat ahead 1cm forward and put the struts back - 1engine side and 1 radiatore side.

If you reply by Monday I can answer you otherwise you will have to wait a while.

Beggio - Birel Motorsports Team - Italy