PDA

View Full Version : Weight Dist. for Monza

stan Odaffer
03-08-2005, 07:50 AM
What are the ideal #'s for the Monza 32A (front/rear, corner to corner)?

Garry Lobaugh
03-08-2005, 08:01 AM
45 front 55 rear, equal side to side. It is not a critical issue. We never scale a kart, but we will check the chassis on the flat plate at the conclusion of the race to make sure everything is true.

Ken Maxfield
03-08-2005, 08:23 AM
Garry,

If you never scale a kart, if you have extra weight to add to the kart, where do you add it? I have to add 25 pounds to race in the rotax masters and I would like to know where to put it on my CM32ST? Should I target the 45%--55% you talk about, or just put it where it is easy and try to set the kart up to adapt by front width and rear axle and hub adjustments?

Garry Lobaugh
03-08-2005, 08:37 AM
We will assume the seat is installed with the factory numbers as to distance and spacing above the seat tabs.

With the new Mojo tire it may be necessary to raise the weight in order to create side bite. They appear harder ( by feel) than the YGK. This will take testing and experimentation on your part.

The official factory view is to place the weight on the seat in only 5 lb increments.
It goes high on the seat if the Mojo's are as described. ( Maybe Andy Sessman can resond with his test results.)

The usual spots for the lead would be 1 five lb under the left cheek of the seat and yet make sure it doesn't interfer with the frame rail. Two more along the left kidney area. One behind the driver left side and one on the right side of the seat. Once again, the testing has to be done with the Mojo as to whether you go high or low with the lead placement based on the weather and track conditions. A slick track would say go high for sure, a sticky track would say go low. There is no magic answer. It all involves measured testing. Hope this helps.

Andy Seesemann
03-08-2005, 09:33 AM
You think that I have lead on my seat????

I have yet to test Mojos with someone who was light enough that we could move weight around.

Why would you want to bolt 55lbs of lead on anyway?? That means that you are lighter than International weight. You would only have to add 15 lbs to make Int'l weight. Race to your weight, not your age.

Andy

P.S. Although it the factory only likes weight in 5lb increments, the first thing that I do with a customer kart that needs lead, is bolt an 8-10lb weight under the crotch of the seat. I like to get the biggest chunk out of the way and as close to the center of kart as possible.

Garry Lobaugh
03-08-2005, 09:47 AM
Glad to see you are up so early with such creativity. My thought was you have experience with the Mojo. The man only has to add 25 lbs. Any further thoughts.?