PDA

View Full Version : Axle for Monza

stan Odaffer
03-08-2005, 08:47 AM
I've been told by the enemy (Margay drivers) that "everyone" uses a soft axle at the bigger tracks (WKA nationals, MSS). I recently purchased a Monza 32A and know that the chassis is stiffer than the Margay's. Should I consider using a soft axle at these sticky tracks?

Also what about using eccentric pills to change the camber?

Senior Sportsman SSX, 360lb.

Garry Lobaugh
03-08-2005, 08:58 AM
The Margay set up is much different than ours. I suggest you start with the standard axle in the kart. From there come see the MRP tuners who are there to support all Birel customers to discuss the track, the class, the conditions ( that day vs the race day) and make an intelligent decion at that point.

Certainly, the other guys would not be trying to help you. We will do our best. some of the decision is also based on driving style.

Garry Lobaugh
03-08-2005, 08:58 AM
The Margay set up is much different than ours. I suggest you start with the standard axle in the kart. From there come see the MRP tuners who are there to support all Birel customers to discuss the track, the class, the conditions ( that day vs the race day) and make an intelligent decion at that point.

Certainly, the other guys would not be trying to help you. We will do our best. some of the decision is also based on driving style.

Garry Lobaugh
03-08-2005, 09:45 AM
Michael Giessen raced the Grands last year on a Monza in Sr. Spts. We raced it as it came out of the box (1040 f 3). However, if the conditions require, I would go as soft as a 1000 f 2.5. In terms of castor/camber we usually ran 1.5 deegrees castor in, and straight up with the camber depending on the conditions. hope this helps