PDA

View Full Version : 04 Cadet Shifters

Martin Mejia
03-25-2004, 06:52 PM
Can anyone tell me how the new 04 cadet chassis are different from the 03's? I've heard everything from new brakes and an extended wheelbase to nothing at all. We're trying to purchase a cadet chassis that my little brother will run in Comers for the season, but we'd like to be able to convert it to shifter at will (we plan on buying another one so he can have one of each, but for now we'll just convert it back and forth).

Ideally, we're looking for one that has a slightly longer wheelbase and has those so-called new brakes. Thanks... any info would be greatly appreciated.

Martin

Garry Lobaugh
03-25-2004, 08:30 PM
Well, thanks Martin for asking. The true cadet chassis is called an L-3. But it is interesting in the States how the rules changed in the wheel base. In some sanctioning bodies their is no spec on wheel base. In others, there is a max at 38 inches. Mr. Roni Sala of the Birel race team came to our rescue this winter and produced a kart with a 37 and 5/8th wheel base. It is a beautiful piece. The model is AR28 C. The C stands for shifter, or eyelits for a shifter lever on the kart. It only comes in the MTS version. In other words, all of the good stuff.

It has a set of shifter eyelits for the 80 novice class, and it has a small version of the C or banana style brake. The brake system is awesome. So your information is correct: A major change is available for $2345 from your MRP/Birel dealer to have the latest and best performing kart in this category. There are only two left in our shop, while dealers have a good supply. I encourage you to pursue your dream, but only within the confines of your santioning bodies restrictions. Forewarned is forarmed. Thanks for the posting. Let us know where you are and I'll try to match you up with one of our three star dealers. Garry

Sam Cooper
03-30-2004, 04:42 PM
Garry & Martin

I might be wrong, but I think Martin is referring to the C28CX chassis with the mechanical over hydraulic brake system - The AR28C is the longer cadet chassis with the shifter hoops (C designating shifter) and the older style (cast) brake system.

The major changes on the C28CX kart are the braking system, wheel base, non-adjustable seat stays, front & rear torsion bar stubs, and the rear bar is switched to the other side (see attached pic) - The pic is the L4 & the C28CX side by side

Hope I didn’t step on anyone’s toes.....

Sam
Speedwerx Motorsports USA

Garry Lobaugh
03-30-2004, 04:47 PM
Good feed back Sam, and I'm glad you are watching out for me. My mistake and you are once again right on target. Dealers have only three remaining of these chassis at the moment. Garry

Martin Mejia
04-14-2004, 04:02 PM
Thanks for all the input. We were able to secure one from Dave's Performance in Temecula. Lil brother can't wait to use it in Moran! :)

Martin
Birel/SwedeTech/TM 12y