Ben Otouhla
12-13-2004, 05:50 PM
Good starting point for Yamaha Senior Sportsman
Axle, and seat position would be great
driver = 150 lbs. 5'11''
chassis = r30c-y

Chris Lobaugh
12-15-2004, 08:51 AM
I would say 1040x3-F, standard hubs, one set seat stays each side, and have the front bar out the first few sessions or until it starts to push the front tires a little. When you go to a track that doesn't get much use and subsequntly has very little if any grip, the first few sessions (maybe more) will be spent trying to get the kart in balance. Normally the front has way too much and the back of the kart is really just along for the ride. Removing the front bar will free up the front of the kart and help the kart work a bit better on the slippery surface. After the rubber starts to build simply but the bar back in and you can start tuning the kart a little bit. Hop this helps.
regards,
chris

Chris Lobaugh
12-15-2004, 08:57 AM
Sorry, I spaced the seat measurement. R30c-y with a 5'11" 150 lb.
From the bar where the drivers foot rests (I hold the tape just to the inside of the floortray bolt)to the front of the seat on the left side is 59.5-60 cm. On the right side it is 60.5-61cm. From the top of the axle to the top of the back of the seat is 23cm . Probably start with the bottom of the seat flush with the bottom of the frame rail.
regards,
chris