PDA

View Full Version : 125 Shifter Chassis for Road Racing

Scott Donovan
11-15-2004, 06:23 AM
I bent one of my two CR932 chassis and have added an Italkart Supersonic. This may be a temporary fix or I might purchase another. I'd prefer two more Birels for inarticulable reasons. I definitely want to have another setup with two basically identical carts.

Which 2004 Birel chassis is best suited to roadracing? I'm 190 pounds, 5'11'' and use moto motors. While I'd like to improve the quality of my operation, I definitely have a lot to learn and am no hotshoe, yet...

For all I know, Monza rollers might be best suited to my needs.

Also, I've heard that all new Birel shifter chassis have a very limited life expectancy due the softness of the chassis. The implication is that these chassis are disposable after one to three races, trading longevity for speed. Can you shed some light on this?

Thanks,
Scott

Steve Miller
11-19-2004, 01:51 PM
Scott, you won't find any chassis that doesnot loose strength after use. Since shocks and springs are not used to unload the chassis for turning. The chassis transfers weight diagonally from corner to corner. Sprint racing with high horsepower engines greatly increases this effect. It's pretty normal for all karts to loose corner speed from this process over a season.