PDA

View Full Version : How can I race in USA?

Gianni
11-11-2004, 12:10 PM
Hi guys, I'm from Italy and I'm coming in U.s.a. next year. From January to July I will live in Phoenix (AZ) for University Exchange Program.
Here in Italy I drive Birel in Italian Championship and I had a good career. I would like to keep in touch with the karting world also in Usa but I do not have info about categories similar to European ICA or FA, but also ICC will be ok.
I also need to know cost of a full rental service and dates of races (one or two are enough), in order to prepare my budget. Who can help me?

Thanks

www.zanaria.3000.it

Eric Rosenberg
11-12-2004, 12:21 PM
Phoenix has a VERY active kart club. If you go to: www.pkra.org and check it out I'm sure that you'll be able to contact several of the club's officers and/or some of the club's sponsors. Once you make direct contact they can explain everything about their organization.
In addition, the IKF Region 7 series stops there for one of their early season races and you might like to either race with them or at the very least stop in over the weekend and see what they're all about.
Then lastly, be prepared to be disappointed in any of the tracks you may visit in the Western US (other than Moran's in Southern California) as all are located in desert conditions. Run off areas are mostly rocky and/or dirty and not grassy like I'm sure you're used to.
The western US has some of the best racers the country has to offer.
Best of luck in your education and your visit to the United States.

Eric

Garry Lobaugh
11-14-2004, 05:34 AM
Team arizona of the Pheonix area will provide details. They are the authorized Birel representative in this area.

Gianni
03-09-2005, 03:21 PM
I'm here at Phoenix... but I can't find a place to race! Any suggestion? Tracks, teams... everything! THANKS...

Garry Lobaugh
03-09-2005, 04:43 PM
You will need to speak with Team Arizona the authorized Birel Representative in that state. The number is 480 941 4455. Good luck.

Gianni
03-09-2005, 07:26 PM
Thank you very much!