PDA

View Full Version : easy kart

tom obrien
10-29-2004, 07:32 PM
Garry, I know this is a Birel site, but since you have easykarts for sale on your website and they do have a Birel chassis I was hoping to ask a question. I am 180 pounds and want to go karting on a recreational basis. Is this kart okay for a beginner, who has previous race experience, but not in karting? Or would I be better off assembling a TAG kart with a different chassis and motor combo? Thanks in advance!

Tom

Andy Seesemann
10-29-2004, 10:48 PM
Where do you live?

Race something that has a local culture.

If you live in Florida, either an EasyKart or a Rotax are fine choices. If you live in Northern California, you need a Leopard. If you live in Southern California, you need a Rotax. Midwest? Rotax.

I'm sure that you get the drift.

Andy

tom obrien
10-31-2004, 06:50 AM
Thanks Chuck! I'm 52 years old and thinking of getting a kart just for fun. I may or may not race. I quit riding dirt bikes two years ago and need something to quench the thirst for speed that is, hopefully, safer. I live by 50 minutes from Norway, IL. They sell EZ karts, Birel, Tony, and Margay. A great selection from what I have learned from the internet. I also have South bend 1 1/2 Hours away and Dousman is about the the same. I guess I am curious if the 30 mm frame of an ez kart is okay for someone who weighs 185/5'11"? I am not even sure I want to go TAG. I am also thinking of a stock 80 or 125 shifter, afterall these are the engines I know how to work on. I guess I really need to drive all of them, which is easier said then done!

Garry Lobaugh
11-03-2004, 05:33 AM
It would probably pay to stop by the Three Oaks shop. The Rotax program is what we feature at South Bend. Of course weather permitting this weekend we could line up a test ride at the South Bend track which is now called MRP the sponsor of this forum. It is our view that you would get excellent customer service from the South Bend location and Rony Miron the manager would help steer you in the right direction. In 2005 the Rotax Challange is going to be a major push at this facility and it has a strong list of contenders.