PDA

View Full Version : 2004 bodywork..

Charles McDowell
10-26-2004, 01:49 PM
Is there a kit or something that would allow 2004 bodywork to be mounted on a 2002 CR32?

Garry Lobaugh
10-27-2004, 05:28 AM
There is not one that I know about. Sorry. They dynamics of the crash test conducted by the CIK officials do not permit this to work. The only choice would be to take the kart to a welder and have him weld in the proper fitting tube to make the front attachment point come 90 degrees off the kart rather than the 45 degree angle tube that you have now.

Charles McDowell
10-27-2004, 08:52 AM
Thanks Garry. SIde pods are out. What about the nose and fairing?

Sam Cooper
10-27-2004, 02:23 PM
To install the nose cone and front fairing, you will need the hardware for the nassau panel (driver fairing) - The nose cone would require you to either cut the nose cone for the bumper or use the front bumper for the new style bodywork - this requires you to drill new holes in the front porch hoop, as the spacing for the bumper on the newer kart are farther apart.

It can be done, as we have installed the nose and nassau on an C28CX cadet with no major problems... We have also installed the complete kit on a CR32v chassis - All we did was have the nerf bars cut and another tube welded on for the correct angle to fit the chassis - with no welding on the chassis! And after we had the bars re-chromed, it looked like it was OEM!!

Hope this helps...

Sam Cooper
Speedwerx Motorsports U.S.A.

Charles McDowell
10-28-2004, 08:33 AM
Thanks Sam. You are the closest Birel dealer to me. I live in Baton Rouge and will be in touch with you. I also plan on running TaG in SWRA next year.

Sam Cooper
10-28-2004, 12:02 PM
Great!

SWRA is a great series to run! If you need anything - give us a call 281-367-0804

Sam Cooper
Speedwerx Motorsports U.S.A.