PDA

View Full Version : AR1

john o'neal
09-13-2004, 10:47 PM
I have a 2000 or 2001 AR1 chasis. serial #741724. Can you identify what year it is? I run yam. heavy pipe class at new castle. I have alot of problems with what seems like the chasis binding up even getting up on 3 wheel really bad. i'm not sure what rear axle i have can't find any markings. i took out the bar across the front that made it worse, moved the front wheels up and down, tried a wide range of air pressures and nothing helps. I weigh 230lbs with kart about 378lbs. thanks for any help

Garry Lobaugh
09-13-2004, 11:53 PM
This is the wrong kart for you! No wonder you are having problems. This is a 4 cycle kart or a 8-12 Jr. Sportsman but not a Sr. Pipe kart. Did you purchase through a private party? I would hate to see when AR1's were last built. But the serial number doesn't do anything other than to give the owner a personal reference number. When Italy builds the chassis they might sit for two years in storage/transit. Once a model is designed and produced it doesnt' change.

In the case of the 32 mm tube karts which as a designator R32X orZ or V or SP the current version, there is always a letter attached identifying the year. This model kart changes with each 3 year homolgation period.

But my very simple advice is to change out the kart, either a bare frame conversion or just find some 8-12 year old who needs a kart, sell it and then contact one of the dealers for a new or used piece. Bill down at Motorama canhelp in this instance.

john o'neal
09-14-2004, 09:14 PM
thanks, yes i bought it from a private party a couple years ago and ran briggs. this is the first year i've ran 2 cycle. thanks for your help. i'll start looking for something else for next year.

Garry Lobaugh
09-15-2004, 12:44 AM
For your information the South Bend Raceway Park track will be liquidating 20 used two cycles. Several are the correct kart for your application. On October 23rd is the first annual Swap meet and trackside expo. Sell on Saturday and race the kart on Sunday. Roni Miron the manager can answer any questions regarding the quality used Birel karts for sale. 574-288-4922.

wayne
09-30-2004, 08:13 PM
do they have any for a 175 pound guy?, i am interested.

Garry Lobaugh
10-04-2004, 11:49 AM
At least six and maybe 25. Take a look at the www.sbrp.com and www.mrpmotorsport.com web sites. Check under used karts. They are going to being blowing them out this weekend. gary