PDA

View Full Version : Racing in Las Vegas

Alex G.
09-06-2004, 09:14 PM
Gary, Hi IŽm from Monterrey, Mexico and we bought 3 birels R31-S ... they are great now we are going to Las Vegas to qualify for the Rotax Max World Finals and we want to have an idea of how to begin the set up of this chassis for the track... regarding axel stiffness and set up, hub size, width of rear and front, seat height.. etc.. this will help us alot because this wil be our first time at this track... Regards

Alex

Garry Lobaugh
09-08-2004, 08:45 PM
I suggest a training session in Vegas withRonni Miron who recently returned from a very sucessful training trip to Monetery. you may reach Ronni at 574-288-4922. The karts were sold to Texas as we do not sell into Mexico, but I'm glad they found their way to you and you are doing well.

Alex G.
09-08-2004, 09:51 PM
Gary, I think you did not understand me ... we are going to Las Vegas and need a suggested set up for Vegas Track.... not for Monterrey track.. we know what is the best set up for our tracks... ... IŽll be very glad if you can help me with the set up of my chassis for LAS VEGAS "TRACK"
Regards

Alex

Andy Seesemann
09-09-2004, 01:49 AM
Alex,

I don't know if you can get to Vegas beforehand, but several Southern California people are going to Vegas the weekend of September 18-19 to test for the Grand Nationals. There will be some birel owners, although they are on a mixture of chassis. I ran in Masters there in March (as I will run Masters at the Nationals) and I ran a 2003 R-31SR chassis. I set it up fairly soft. I ran a 1000mm D axle with 85mm hubs at 55" wide in the rear. I ran the front with trucker hubs plus 2 spacers wide. I had 1/2 deg camber pills set to negative and had 0 pills on top for neutral caster. I ran the Freeline mags with one set of seat stays. The axle was low and the spindles were high.

Hope this helps.

See you soon,

Andy Seesemann
Full Throttle Karting

Alex G.
09-09-2004, 12:11 PM
Andy, thank you very much for youŽre help... and IŽll try that to begin with and move from there... and about the weekend of sept. 18 some of my teamates are going to be there and test the track... but unfortunetley I have a weding to attend and canŽt be there... see you soon... Regards

Alex