PDA

View Full Version : Which Birel to choose for Rotax Class?

Derek
08-04-2004, 02:56 AM
I am going into the Rotax class and would like to purchase either a new or used Birel. I am 5'9" 165lbs.

I am not sure which chassis would work best in this class. Could you tell me what you think given my dimensions.

I was looking at a CR32x chassis and thinking about removing the front brakes and shift mechanism. Let me know if this kart would be competitive at all. There is someone I know selling one for a good price but I really am looking for a recommended chassis for this class.

Please respond soon guys.

Thank you,

Derek

Andy Seesemann
08-05-2004, 11:31 PM
Derek,

I don't know where you live, but out here (in California) we had very good luck with the CR32-X. I sold several CR32-X, and CR32-Z (the newer version with adjustable rear ride height) and drivers won many races on them.

You can't go wrong with this chassis, or the Q31 (National Int'l Rotax champ in 2001 and Master champ in 2003), the CR32-Z (National Masters Champ and runner up in 2002) or the R31 (Southwest team cup Masters runner up in 2004) or R32 (leading the ICA points in the STARS East).

Andy Seesemann
Full Throttle Karting

P.S. I have one brand new CR32-X w/o front brakes for sale in my showroom with a brand new ROTAX motor, etc. for $4995 complete.