PDA

View Full Version : CR-32V Question

Mike Walpole
07-30-2004, 01:27 PM
I have a 2002 CR32-V converted to 100cc (10 degree spindles, no front wheel brakes) and I was wondering what the front end specs (camber & caster) are. Currently, with the 0 degree pills I have 6mm negitive (about .5 degree) camber. I have a full set of .5 and 1.5 degree pills to move the setting where ever I need to. Also I have access to a table to straighten anything if needed.

2nd question: I am thinking of running TaG next year with either the CR-32V or replacing it with an R-32SP. I also have an R932 I am running in Masters with great success.

Thanks, Mike

Garry Lobaugh
08-01-2004, 05:45 PM
The race team is out on the road and I'll have to wait for their return to give you the answer. garry

Mike Walpole
08-03-2004, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the reply. I will wait for the answer. I know the R932 has 1/2 degree positive camber with the zero pills. I'm curious what the specs are for CR32V.

Garry Lobaugh
08-04-2004, 12:25 PM
Hey Mike,
I normally run 0 - 6mm negative. The karts come standard at around 2-3mm negative. The extra 2mm negative that you have shouldn't be a problem as long as the track has some natural grip and both wheels are tipped in equally. However, if you are experiencing a bit of a push, you can stand the front wheels back up, or simply wind some castor in. I hope I answered your questions. Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.
regards,
chris lobaugh

Mike Walpole
08-04-2004, 01:49 PM
Chris, thanks for the info.

I was curious because I never checked the kart out of box. I was surprized when I did check it that it had that much negitive since the R932 has 2mm positive. I have been putting in 1.5 degree pills to remove caster and rotating the pills to get 0 camber for a starting point. However, I think it was faster when there was 4mm negitive in the front end.

I have used the kart for Yamaha Masters and Yamaha Heavy. (It's a better Yamaha Heavy kart). I have given up running pipe and I am thinking of running the CR32V in TaG/TaG Masters or possibly replacing the chassis over the winter with a R32SP.