PDA

View Full Version : Cq31 Chassis tunibg

Teddy Wyly
07-19-2004, 09:53 PM
My daughter raced this past weekend at the dog track at Katy and I was having problems with too much front end bite. I did not have the bar in and I had the 1040 f axle (soft). I had the rear end out at 55 inches and the front had 3 spacer out on each side, The rear end was slinding around the first corner and she was moving her steering wheel back and forth to correct. I tried going to the short hubs in the rear and moved the rear end to 54.5 inches out and loosened the rear bumper. I still had too much grip in the front end. I had the c2 sniper and before the race I set the laser up to where the light hit right in the center on the first bar up (2mm) with it on the stand . I'm new at using the C2 and messing with the front end but I think if I'd had it set right my daughter would of had a chance to stand on the podium..I'd like to learn how to set up the front end and any help would be helpful. P.S.There is a article on karting in the Texas Houston Chronicle Magazine in the sunday paper and she is mentioned in the article..

Garry Lobaugh
07-20-2004, 11:15 AM
In all due respect 75 % of the chassis problems usually involve a driver and their knowledge of when to brake and when to gas. We will try to get Chris to respond, but at the moment he is back in the hospital.

Just a few other questioins: seat position, tires, tire pressure etc would help. Thanks in advance. garry

Garry Lobaugh
08-04-2004, 12:42 PM
Hello Teddy,
Was the rear end sliding going in to the corner or coming out of the corner? If the back of the kart slides under braking, you need to stiffen the axle. If the back of the kart is sliding on the exit, you can try and soften the axle, but I would be more apt to move the seat straight back since you have the front bar out already and still have too much on the front. Let me know if this helps.
regards,
chris lobaugh